EVERGREEN Training and Design
BE THE PERSON WHO CAN SAVE A LIFE!
First Aid Response (FAR) is the new training course developed by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council of Ireland. It has replaced the occupational first aid course and is now the only recognised first aid course of the Health and Safety Autourity (HSA) since June 1st 2018..
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007: Part 7 – Chapter 2: Regulation 165(1)(b) requires employers to designate at each place of work under the employer’s control the number of first-aiders as is necessary to provide first aid at the place of work concerned.
First Aid is not just for the workplace. More often than not you will experience a Medical Emergency amongst family members or friends.
The FAR course runs for a total of 3 days.These can be consecutive or weekly over three weeks depending on your circumstances and are available nationwide. Learners are continually assessed during the course and must complete a multiple choice exam and varied practical skills scenarios on the final day. After successfully completing the course learners will receive a two year accredited certification.
For more information or to register for a FAR course near you simply call or click on the contact button above or below.
FIRST AID RESPONDER COURSE CONTENT AND OUTCOMES
Cardiac First Response Community
Common Medical Emergencies
Injury Management and Shock
Care of the Unconscious Patient
Burns and Electrical Injury Care
Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
Information Management and Communications
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) for the First Aid Responder
- Apply the skills learned to deal with life-threatening or potentially life-threatening conditions until emergency medical services arrive
- Provide first aid for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the arrival of the emergency medical services
- Provide first-aid in any type of environment including the workplace, home and recreational settings
- Demonstrate the requisite personal skills required including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations
OTHER HEALTH AND SAFETY COURSES:
Our FAR refresher course is a two day course
Our CFR community course is a half day course and covers: Adult and Baby CPR, AED, Choking, Heart attack, Stroke, Patient assessment and Documentation with Handover.
Our Fire Warden Course is a half day course and covers: Theory/Chemistry and Spread of fires, Classification of Fires and Smoke Behaviour, Basic Fire Prevention and Evacuation Procedures
Our Manual Handling Course is a half day course and covers: The Musculoskeletal System, Ergonomics and Risk Assessment, Safe Handling Techniques, Dangers and Injuries associated with unsafe lifting techniques, Physical Fitness, Practical Manual Handling
IMPORTANT HEALTH FACTS:
- Approximately 10,000 people die from cardiovascular disease every year. Of these 5,000 are from sudden cardiac arrest
- With each minute a victim's chance of surviving drops by 7-10%
- Ireland has the highest rate of deaths within the European Union
- If you are CPR trained you double their chance of survival
- Strokes are the third largest killer in Ireland
- About 10,000 strokes happen each year with 2,000 deaths
- 1 in 5 people will have a stroke in their lifetime
- Strokes are medical emergencies that can happen without warning